Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
charles charles is offline

Default VAT payment deadlines & small traders. A warning. (Long)

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2012 08:56:43 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

HMRC are not part of the fast payment scheme,

Aren't they? Bloody typical...

so it will take several days for any electronic transfer to reach them.

I like the Faster Payments scheme, being able to shuffle money
between accounts at different banks almost faster than a mouse click
is very handy. But as you never really know if a given payment for a
bill will use FP or BACS I pay bills with 4 working days clearance.

I'm offered the option when I make an electronic payment.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18