Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Women - they are not thinkers are they?

Dave Liquorice wrote
PeterC wrote

Plastic pegs go brittle even when they are brought in.

They go brittle a lot faster when left in the sun.

+1

Pegs kept in cloth bag with coat hanger type hook on the top hang
it on the line when pegging out/bringing in. I prefer wooden pegs
they seem to grip better that plastic the galvanised spring doesn't rust.

Well it didn't on the ones me Mum used to use some probably dating
back to the early 1950's, what modern ones are like I don't know.

Completely useless with the latest cheap **** from china.

The washer woman prefers the weaker springs of plastic.

Basket and pegs are bought in to keep them clean,
either from bird crap or general atmospheric fall out.

Nope, so they last longer.

I bet TMH didn't wipe the line before hanging out either...
That's not so much of a problem up here, the air is very
clean but in St Albans it was filthy and you *had* to
wipe the line before using it.