Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default Better ideas for fixing leak right at the pool pump inlet (noroom!)

On Sun, 27 May 2012 11:52:14 -0700, Bob F wrote:

So, leaks are solved by just disabling the leaky areas of the panel?

Yeah. One by one, you disable each of the dozens of pipes which leak
every year. You first gouge out a few inches, and then put two rubber
plugs in the top, and two in the bottom using this $40 repair kit from
Fafco:
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8353162.jpg

You could try a product called "AquaSeal" to patch the leaks.

Today I patched about a dozen leaks and then, after it sun dried, I added
putty epoxy as shown in this picture below. I hope the disable of the
pipe holds. If not, I'll look to the AquaSeal since I presume it can seal
while wet (which is a major problem with this repair).
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8353164.jpg

Or maybe a hot glue gun.

Hmmm... I 'like' this idea! The hot glue might push itself up the hole
when I disable the tube by gouging it out and trying to plug it with the
hot glue from the pressure of the water from the pump.

BTW, I learned my lesson today to use whiteout to mark the holes when
they are wet - and then to let them sun dry to repair them with the glue/
epoxy.