Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting straight edge in wood with dremel

On May 27, 6:56*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
On May 27, 4:29*pm, "Doug" wrote:

I've got a cabinet in the laundry room (see pics) where I want to cut
off about 1/4" from bottom (bottom face). *I will stop perhaps 2 "
from each end of cabinet. *The board / trim is about 11/16" thick and
has 1/2" clear on back side from bottom before I reach the inside trim
piece *(picture 3 of 4).

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/q...g23314/Public/

I was told to consider using a dremel but do they sell an attachment
that would allow me to cut a straight edge 1/4" from bottom? * I don't
want jaggered cuts and I don't know right now if the bottom is
perfectly level.

And is there a better tool for this? *I already have a dremel tho.
What type of dremel blade and accessory is good for this cut? *I don't
know if this is some kind of composite board or wood since it's
painted. *Feels like wood but I can't be 100% sure.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...der_bosch.jpg- Hide quoted text -

The sander would be slow, but you could control the final depth
better. How are you planning on doing the two ends where the cabinet
meets the walls??