Posted to uk.d-i-y
scorched was bm scorched was bm is offline

Default Women - they are not thinkers are they?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 27/05/2012 17:38, ARWadsworth wrote:

I agree. To highjack your thread somewhat;

SWMBO has just had a operation which means she can't raise her arms
much, so various domestic tasks have been allotted to me. No problem.

Hanging out the washing is a real PITA. After a few goes, my superior
male brain realised there was no point in carrying the empty washing
basket & the peg bag back from the drier thingy to the house. You have
to go back to get the dry washing, so it makes sense to leave them
there.

Apparently that was wrong?

I then realised that the best place to keep the pegs - was on the line.
Why double handle everything?

Apparently that's wrong as well?

Have you asked why?

The usual reason given is that they get sun damaged.

Weblink?

Its basically true, they wont last as long left outside all the time.

Weblink?

That happens with the plastic line too, just too much trouble
to keep taking it inside every time its not being used etc.

I suppose the pegs could get pooed on by birds and the basket also. But
then so could the washing.

SWMBO confirms that she takes the line in and the pegs too because if you
leave the line up and the pegs on it, both will get grody.