Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Cleaning Coleman Stove

"Roy" wrote in message
On Friday, May 25, 2012 7:16:49 PM UTC-6, NotMe wrote:
"gary" wrote in message
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Back when we'd find a big ant nest. Took a while but eventually 99%
would
come off.

Very interesting. Ants as a cleaner?...yep that might work.

Last year a big wind storm whipped my hummingbird feeder and sprayed a
sugar
solution all over my window. The next day an ant colony discovered the
mess and
started working on it. In less than an hour they removed all traces from
the
window.

Interesting 'accelerator' ... soak the stove overnight in sugar water then
put on the ant hill.