Dave Rhodes

Default Round table edge

I have been following this group for quite a while now and have learned
quite a few new ways of doing things. I am hoping that I can pick up a
few tips on the best way to attach an edge to a round dinning room table
I am building. The table top is constructed of 1" MDF and is 60" in
diameter. It will be veneered in a book match pattern. For durability I
will require a hard wood edge in excess of 1/2" thick around the table
top. There are obviously various methods of doing this. Currently I am
leaning towards a glued up cold bent edge attached with wood dowels at
10 degree intervals. This can then be routed on my circle jig to give a
pleasing edge.
What other methods have any of you used and how did the results turn out.
Thanks

Dave Rhodes
Still snow covered in Nova Scotia.