Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there a better way (than this) to clean this pleated pool filter?

On May 25, 2:05*pm, "Arklin K." wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2012 06:34:27 -0700, wrote:
Anyone else think it's funny that this inground pool that has 20 Jandy
valves, a spa, a fancy built-in self cleaning system and a plumbing
system that looks like a kludge is using a cartridge filter? * Man,
whoever built this was special....
I would have spend less money on valves and bought a DE filter.

I saw Oren's response and he is right - this pool is in the Silicon
Valley.

But I don't understand the difference between WHEN you'd put in a
cartridge versus some other type of filter.

Is the cartridge generally for a smaller pool?

Yes. SPAS and smaller pools. Depends on the
environment too. A small pool with little debris,
low load, etc is best suited. If it gets to be a pain
because you have to clean/replace the filters too
often you could switch to a DE filter. But that would
require having room for it and being able to
plumb it into that mess. It would probably make
sense to consider only if you're going to redo that
plumbing nightmare.