Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance

Default VAT payment deadlines & small traders. A warning. (Long)

On 26/05/2012 09:57, A.Lee wrote:
The Medway wrote:

On 26/05/2012 00:36, DerekG wrote:

The end of our VAT quarter was 30th April,

You need Dennis - our resident VAT expert.

On a similar subject, did you say you were thinking of changing to a
Ltd. Company?

My plasterer mate is doing it now (mainly as he never pays his bills,
and the bailiffs have been round to scare him into paying up).

I've been doing some research into it, and it can be done really cheaply
now, with no need to use an Accountant for anything (even year end
returns) for a small business.

You can set it up for less than £50, then there is a little more
paperwork, as you need to pay employee tax and NI, but there are some
good benefits - full pension and benefits, less tax overall, very little
chance of personal bankruptcy if the business fails etc.

Alan.

I did it for tax reasons. My accountant set it up for about £60.