tarquinlinbin

Default Transport advice needed

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:50:43 -0000, "Ben C" wrote:

Hi

I've just gone through a major house refurbishment using rental cars to
ferry building materials around, and I can't face doing it again! I've
decided I need to buy a very practical car/van so that I can cart about bags
of cement, timber, etc. I have no idea what vans/cars would be good for
this though. I'd like something practical with loads of storage space and
easy to load/unload, but still respectable enough for taking to my mum's for
Sunday lunch!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to drive? Any tips gratefully
appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

How about a vauxhall combo?. Ive just got rid of one of these at work
after having driven it for maybe 4 years. It was a 1700cc deisel and
was on the road night and day/summer and winter and it was very
reliable,economical and best of all,it was good at the traffic light
grand prix!!plenty of whoomph even though it had loads of tools and
gear in the back. Checkout your local auctions for Transco ex fleet
vans.

It was replaced by a nissan vannette 2.3 diesel. Its a good van as far
as driver comfort and space is concerned but its a waste of 2 and a
half litres becuase its gutless!!,my old combo could cane it no
problem but the vanette is a take it easy kinda cruiser,not bad though
all in all.

joe