Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do welding shade numbers add up? Eclipse viewing.

On 2012-05-26, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 5/25/2012 2:07 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

Hmm ... it might be multiple reflections from the front surface

[ ... ]

Used good old duct tape to hold the welding filter to the lens. In
retrospect, I noticed it had shifted a bit as my set progressed, and
wasn't tight against the hood at the end. That could well account for
the multiple reflections.

As to selling, I'll PM that discussion.

O.K. Beware that my address is "spam-proofed", and the
directions on how to fix it are in my .sig below -- which *may* be
hidden by some setting in your newsreader client.

Also -- any e-mails with large attachments (like photos) just
plain won't make it to me. Filtering done on e-mail size to keep
viruses out of a couple of small mailing lists which I host.

Nothing here yet, so I figured that you should be warned of the
limitations in effect.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564