Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heat pump refrigerant change to R-22 substitute

Karl fired this volley in
:

if you like being insulted, go ask over on alt.hvac (don't have theNG
name quite right)

Yeah. They feel pretty important about themselves over there, even though,
as a lot, they probably don't know much more about AC than the average home
shop mechanic. There are a few experts there, if you can get them to talk
about anything except "take it to an expert".

On the R22 thing... switch to propane, if you're doing it yourself.

Lloyd

I've heard about using propane. AND I've heard the new refrigerants are
similarly petro-based and flammable. Is there an energy savings?