Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heat pump refrigerant change to R-22 substitute

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley in
news:utCdnU3Ls4SjZSLSnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

Last I checked, legal to transport here so long as it's not a
"finished firework" which means I suppose that you're good to go even
with several tons in a ready box, as long as there's no fuze
attached...

Nope. Changes, partly in ATF regs, but mostly in
_rulings_by_the_director_ over the last two-three years have made it
illegal for anyone to transport over a public road for any purpose unless
licensed by ATF; you cannot even hire a properly-equipped-and-licensed
lading company to do it unless you have both the ATF license AND proper
EX numbers -- even if not in commerce. You _can_ "give" them to a
licensee for transport, but then he cannot 'convey' them back to you
under any circumstances. This was intentional, and not an artifact of
the rulings.

I'm in that business... in this, you can believe me (even if you don't
on the rest).

(Chinese perc? Oh please... what about the Swedish stuff? The Chinese
HP-140 is loaded with a color-contaminating anti-cake that wrecks just
about any blue you try to make with it. And the HP-140 is their "high
purity" version! G)

Lloyd