Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Heat pump refrigerant change to R-22 substitute

wrote in message ...
On Fri, 25 May 2012 08:31:13 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On May 24, 10:45 pm, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
Is it a good or bad idea to change over to one of the new refrigerants
that claim lower head pressure, cooler air and substantially reduced
electricity usage?

First thing to do is fix the leak, you asshole.

Who said it leaked?

It was empty a year or so ago, and prior to that, it hadn't been run for a few years, because the compressor "wouldn't start"...

--he posted as much at that time...

Mabee he wanted to improve the efficiency of the system???

Yeah sure thing, pal....

Or mabee, like me, he relocated the unit and needed to empty it in order to make the move.

He couldn't figure out how to pump it down even if his life depended on it.

Now that it is all sealed up and evacuated he's wondering, "do I, or don't I??"

So you really think the cheapskate owns a vacuum pump and also knows how to braze ?

--because if he did, he wouldn't be asking about r22 substitutes in the first place...

It's a *leaker*, and currently, it's inoperable because the LP safety has (again) tripped.

Guaranteed.