Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Seeking round toilet bowl for Flushometer

On May 25, 9:59*am, Don Wiss wrote:
I have a small closet where I want to install a toilet and small sink.
Finding a small sink is easy. Finding a US toilet that doesn't stick out
very far is hard. Most waste space with the tank behind. A few have tanks
on the wall, but those stick out just as much. The wall tank is solely for
an antique effect.

On a house tour I came across a neighbor that has a round toilet bowl with
a Flushometer. For those not familiar with the word, these are the values
you see in public places that don't use a tank. The bowl was the shortest
I've seen. There was no name on the bowl. I called their contractor and it
was so long ago he no longer remembers what make the bowl is.

I tried searching. Every bowl I found for a Flushometer value was
elongated. I could not find a way to search to pull up a round bowl.

Has anyone seen such a toilet bowl?

Don.www.donwiss.com(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Elongated bowl toilets are required by building code for
commercial restrooms... It sounds like the toilet you
have seen was installed long ago before that requirement
came to be...

Most residential plumbing systems can not support
toilets equipped with flushometer type valves as
they use 1.25" feed lines to the valve and when
cycled open and close "hard" which could create
a water-hammer effect...

It sounds as if your closet is too small to fit a
properly equipped bathroom inside of it...
Unless you are willing to get creative and
consider a one-piece solution in the form
of a combined sink/toilet unit of the type
found in Japanese urban living units or inside
of prisoner cells in correctional facilities...

Good luck...