Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Frozen dot matrix print head.

Peter Easthope wrote:
I have 9 pin head from a Panasonic dot matrix printer. Soaking in
isopropanol freed the lower 7 pins but not the upper 2. They are
stuck fast in the brass plate which holds the tips in position. Even
several days in isopropanol fails to release these.

I'm thinking of removing the lower 7 pins from the head and then
trying to work 8 and 9 free. I wonder how difficult reassembly will
be. Does anyone have a clever solution?

What is the technique for reinserting the thin plastic ribbon into the
connector on the head. The ribbon has a little flake of cardboard
glued to the end for reinforcement. Still, it seems so delicate that
I'm afraid of damaging conductors.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

This sounds like a post from 1992.

It this a small print head that cannot really be taken apart (and put back
together)?