Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bending 1/8 inch thick 7075-T6 aluminum

On May 24, 7:41*pm, MrFightGuy wrote:

* I believe HF sells a roller setup that will do what you want for a
reasonable price .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Thanks, yeah, but I'm trying to keep this purchase under $300. *The HF
bress brake/slip rollers are way out of my range, and their 12" slip
roller is way too small for what I'm trying to accomplish.

I think Snag is suggesting the English wheel sold by HF. An English
wheel is what I would try to produce a domed shield. Maybe someone
here that has an English wheel will step up and relate their
experiences. Or maybe someone would be willing to let you ship them
some aluminum to see how well their English wheel works.

Dan