Pop Rivet

Default Delta 36-444 care questions

never use silicone. use paste wax like SC Johnson's. buff
it slick. DON'T use automotive waxes; they invariably
contain silicone.

Never had the problem. I've used Simoniz for years on all my tools from TS
to lathe for protecting the metal and never had any wood finishing problems.
Is that because I saw with finish-side up most of the time, plus
sanding, or am I just lucky with the wax, or what? I wax my equip from end
to end of the shop twice a year, have for 30 years.
I also used Turtle Wax in a pinch a few times. Course, it wore off a lot
quicker and noticeably, but didn't give me any wood finish problems.

Just curious what you guys think of that. NOT a guru here by any means, &
got a LOT to learn yet! This ng's helped a lot.

Pop