MR

Default Partially Blocked Flue? Please Comment On Pic...

Something is bothering me about photo 1. It looks to me as if the inside
of the termination flue block slopes up and away from the front lip.
This suggests to me that the block is upside down !!. Can you actually
see *down* into the flue blocks below the termination one ?. I.e.
looking down towards the fire ?.

I have just come onto this thread. Oh Sh*t.
We have a really bad installation he
1 Flexible liner used where rigid flue pipe should be used.
2 Terminal block on flue block system looks completely wrong - should be
45 degrees not vertical.
3 Flexible liner detached from flue block. (Though that may have been
done for the camera.)

Looks like at _minimum_ a doouble wall metal flue system needs to be put

in,
also the top block block need removing and replacing with the correct
item.

Thanks for the updates guys. To answer some questions posed...

1) The picture pointing down the flue was taken by carefully sliding in my
digital camera into the hole you see in the attic (PIC 2 he
http://tinyurl.com/tz1q ) This hole is a 90 degree angle so it goes in say
10-12inches or so then goes straight down. (like an upside down L ).
2) I have had several people comment onthe flexible metal tubing coming from
the hole and after reading up this SHOULD be a rigid flue pipe.
3) Liner was detatched from block - this was very loose as previously
mentioned and basically came out without any force! The blob of compound was
not secure at all.

I'm working with them to come out armed with the info and BS Standards/regs
quoted in this thread. I'll update you on what comes of the visit... your
further comments are still appreciated.

Thanks once again...