B a r r y

Default anyone work for Lowe's or Home Depot?

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:49:43 GMT, (Xane T.)
wrote:
I have yet to work at a retail store/low end job where the management
actually cares about the employee, or has any clue how to run the
business they're in.

Try a locally owned store.

I have this funny habit of finding part time jobs in the current hobby
I'm in. In high school, I worked in a music store (instruments, not
recorded), and at other times I've worked in radio control shops and
bicycle shops. All of these jobs enabled me to buy my fun stuff at or
near wholesale, and meet others with the same passions.

Every one of these stores had the owner(s) on premise, and all but one
was considered to be the best in the area at what they did. Besides
the involved owner, all of them shared the idea of hiring those who
were known well to the shop, employees were never drawn from a stack
of applications. The full timers at these places NEVER seem to leave,
all of them are paid well and treated well.

I've enjoyed every minute working in these places, even if it's just
"lackey" work like unloading a tractor trailer full of bicycles. G

Barry