Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
MrFightGuy MrFightGuy is offline

Default Bending 1/8 inch thick 7075-T6 aluminum

On May 24, 11:21*pm, technomaNge wrote:
On 05/24/2012 04:37 PM, MrFightGuy wrote:

Hey all:

Ultimately, I'm hoping to make both square shields and dished rounds,
but if these operations require heavy industrial rollers and spinners,
then I'd rather not spend the dough on such a large press. Does anyone
have any advice to give?

Ask the fighters in the SCA how they make dished shields and stuff.
Go here and look around until you find a group near you, then visit
and ask questions.

* * *http://www.sca.org/geography/

technomaNge
--
I'm a warrior's page in Meridies.

I have made inquiries with some of the big web suppliers for the
Society for Creative Anachronism. Everyone except one or two
suppliers makes shields in 6061, which is infinitely more pliable than
7075. Those who do sell shields made of 7075 tend to sell them in
flat shapes. This in and of itself is not disheartening, as the SCA
uses weapons that are either light practice schlaegers or larger
weapons made mainly of rattan. They don't need shields stronger than
6061. I'll check out that link though... you never know...

Thanks,

P.S. What's "Meridies"?