Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Electric/Water Solar panels ?

On May 24, 8:50*pm, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:
Is there such a beast available that combines an electric producing
solar panel with water heating? I'm guessing having a water circuit
carrying the heat from the presumably high temperature solar panels
might serve to pre-heat water before sending it through the boiler or
WHY and increase the life-span of the panel?
Or does the generation/removal of electricity significantly reduce the
temperature of the big flat black surface?

I'm also guessing the installation of solar panels on a roof reduces the
heat transferred into the roof/loft space in the house by a fair amount?

There must be a reason why solar panels don't seem to come with a water
heating circuit?

Just a thought..

--http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk- Fitness+Gym Equipment.http://www.water-rower.co.uk

Such a device would be pointless. Apart from the sun they are
unrelated technologies.
What I have seen is a solar thermal panel with a small PVpanel to
work the water circulating pump.
This is a brilliant idea because as the sunlight intensiifies the (DC)
pump speeds up so keeping a constant temperature output from the
thermal panel.