Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fence instead of garage!

On Thu, 24 May 2012 17:01:16 -0400, Tommy Silva
wrote:

On 5/23/2012 4:09 PM, leza wang wrote:
i have detached garage (my backyard separated my house from the
garage). the condition of the garage is really bad. It is falling down
and the roof which is flat has big hole.. One contractor told me it is
going to cost me 20k-3-k to build a garage. I was shocked!

WTF? Did you get that estimate from Mike Holmes?

Summerwood has kit garages for the canadian market. Material cost is
about $9000 for a 12X20 Archer - including siding and roof.

If you hire out the labour, you double the cost - so $20 grand is NOT
out of line, in Hogtown.