Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default OT - Blue Rhino proprietary valve

"Blue Rhino" wrote in message

I am an employee of Blue Rhino and would like to respond to this thread.
Please note that Blue Rhino tanks no longer contain the proprietary
valve that is mentioned here. In fact, we have not used that special
valve for several years now. Blue Rhino tanks can be refilled anywhere
by any supplier you choose.

Happy Grilling and Happy Memorial Day to each of you! If you have any
questions, please call us at 800.258.7466 or visit www.bluerhino.com.
Thank you.

In my personal experience BR tanks still come up short on the amount of LPG
sold/delivered.

As to no longer using proprietary valves more than a few independent refill
stations refuse to deal with BR tanks. In my experience their point is it's
not worth the hassle/potential liability problems or the resulting bad
feelings with their customers.

Perhaps it's no longer an issue of *can* but an issue of *will*. If you're
out in the boonies you still come up empty.

From my view 'screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.' The
reality is BR has a major pr problem that will be hard for BR to address.
And not there has been no real attempt at that except to cliam BR will sin
no more. In my case it matters not as for me and mine we're not taking a
chance on another screw job.

Says he who has received short shift from BR on complaints and no
reimbursement for gamed tanks of the past.