Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default Is there a better way (than this) to clean this pleated poolfilter?

On Thu, 24 May 2012 13:01:20 -0700, Oren wrote:

Tell us more after you are done.

I'm learning. I'm trying to do it today, but I'm learning.

The pool store suggested a spray called "Filter Blaster" but I can't see
how any spray will get inside the pleats if a high pressure hose won't.

The pool store said that the water doesn't get rid of calcium and oil -
but I don't think calcium and oil are my problem right now (almost nobody
swims in this pool so there's no oil to speak of). Maybe once person
swims for ten minutes a week or so and that's it. The darn thing came
with the house. It's like having a pet you don't want!

Anyway ... another pool store said they make a finger spreader - which is
kind of what I think I need.

The theory would be I'd brush the fingers along the folds while spraying
the hose at the same time. I guess...