Upscale

Default anyone work for Lowe's or Home Depot?

"G.E.R.R.Y." wrote in message
.. .
In article , Nate B
wrote:

Anyone who uses "retail" and "well paid" in the same sentence can't be
taken seriously. ;-)

I don't know how low minimum wage is where you are, but, up here in
Canada, I could weep for anyone dead-ended in any kind of retail job,
Home Depot or otherwise. The poor (pun intended) devils are working for

I tend to agree with Gerry, although Home Depot may be the exception. I'm
Canadian too and am familiar with the retail industry and the low wages that
the front line workers get. As to the people that work at Home Depot in
stores that I've gone to in Toronto, they appear to be typically more
experienced and knowledgeable that your average employee. Haven't asked, but
their outlook suggests that they're a little better compensated. They remind
me a little of the employees at Lee Valley Tools who are *all* extremely
experienced and knowledgeable. Don't know what they make either, but work
attitude goes a long way to making the premise true.