Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water bed heater costs a 1$ a day.

On May 24, 9:08*am, Metspitzer wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2012 20:35:39 -0700 (PDT), Larry Fishel

wrote:
On May 23, 7:07 pm, Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.bcremc.com/appliance.html

First, I'm not real impressed with error (by a factor of 10) in the
very first line of their chart...

Second, the waterbed heater only costs a dollar a day (at their 400W
and 8 cents/kWH) if the thermostat is broken and it runs
continuously...

I did know that. *I was hoping someone with a Kilo meter would jump in
and give a closer estimate.

What you have is NOT any estimate of what it
actually costs to begin with. It's like assuming a
car with a 400hp engine is using gasoline at that
rate all the time, whether it's going 120mph
uphill or sitting in the garage.

The chart was enough for me to unplug the
bed anyway. *No one is sleeping in it at the moment.

Better disconnect your AC and electric water heater
too. They use far higher and scarier amounts of electricity if
somehow you ran them flat out, 24/7