Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Does it matter if a Jandy valve is mounted with the INLET wrong?

On Wed, 23 May 2012 01:26:34 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."
wrote:

On Tue, 22 May 2012 09:40:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

chuckle I have a vertical and a horizontal J-valve. The vertical
valve is the ONLY one that has ever leaked. O-rings wear faster

Actually, I mispoke. So your experience is what Jandy suggested would
happen. They prefer HORIZONTAL over vertical (it was my mistake in not
proofreading my summary!).

Good job on the replacement valve. Looked good.

Now?

Why did this valve crack? Was it freeze or it just gave up the ghost?