Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Why should we help the Honey Bee Survive?

On Wed, 23 May 2012 08:36:53 -0400, dgk wrote:

Our government is us. Us. The people. We vote them in. I think our
government should be finding the reason for the honey bee decline, and
if that reason is something be produced by private corporations, like
an insecticide, then the private corporation should be made to rectify
the situation. This is, by the way, interstate commerce, just for
Mormon's sake.

Let me see if I understand your point of view. You think all tax
payers should pay higher taxes for only some of us to benefit (the
industry-of-the-week). You don't want some of the unemployed to be
able to get a job and begin to turn their lives around. You want the
unemployed to remain dependent on the government (all of us, your
words) for ever.

On the other hand, you don't like my idea where taxpayers would be
able to pay lower taxes and all of us will benefit.

Is that what you are saying?

I think that we the people, through our govenment, decide how to spend
our taxes. Personally, I'd slash the military. And since we all eat,
we all benefit from honeybees and we'd best find out what is going on
with them.

I would love to see the unemployed get jobs, but since the wealthy in
America can make more by moving our jobs overseas, then maybe the
problem is with the growing concentration of wealth among the already
wealthy.

In other words I'm right. Thank you for being honest.