Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tangerine3@toyotamail.com is offline

Default OT - Blue Rhino proprietary valve

On Mon, 21 May 2012 07:57:59 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

As I read the article, there is a spring loaded steel ball, that acts as a
check valve. Propane can come out. But, you need a strong magnet to get
propane to go in.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message
.. .

If these valves do not comply to being filled, how can they comply to be
used with standard LP appliances? The threads must be the same, or the
tanks are worthless for standard use. As long as the filler can attach
their filling equipment to these threads, why can they not fill the
tanks?

OK, Now I'm puzzled.....

I dont buy those tanks or any prefilled ones. I have my own tanks and
get them filled. However, I was under the impression that if I take ANY
tank to a place that sells prefilled tanks, I can trade in my tank for
the deposit and get a full one.

So lets say that I take my store boughten tank, or a tank from another
of these companies that sell prefilled tanks to a Blue Rhino place. I
leave my tank and buy theirs. Are they going to change the valve on
every tank they get that is not their own? That seems pretty stupid as
well as costly for them. I'm sure they apply their label to all tanks,
but sticking on a label is easy. Changing valves is a lot more
complicated and costly. When a new valve is installed, the tank has to
be purged too.

So, if they dont change the valves, we will now have random tanks that
some cant be filled and others can. Sounds like a major ****up.

While I'm tired of the government controlling every goddamn thing we do,
the gov is the first to regulate what we do as citizens. When they
changed the tanks from the old valves to these OPD types, we all had to
buy new tanks, and that ****ed me off since I had 7 perfectly good tanks
that could no longer be filled, and two of them were 12 LB tanks made
for special locations. (cost much more than 20 LB tanks). Yet the gov
does nothing to companies that create ****ed up messes like this
apparently will become if they have proprietary valves on some tanks and
standard ones on others. This ought to be outlawed immediately.