Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default What's The Drill?

On Tue, 22 May 2012 16:42:19 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Then you need to get out into the real world Dave. Having worked at HD, I
can tell you that what you say about people needing the newest and greatest
and all that stuff is pure crap. Believe what you will, but people just do
not buy that way. Surprise!

Really? And you're telling me to get out in the real world? You may
have untold years of experience at Home Depot, but you're information
is woefully out of date. When *was* the last time you worked there
Mike?

Look at the teenagers these days. Look at all the people under 30
years of age. How many until millions in the US scrape by from month
to month trying to pay down their debt to their maxed out credit
cards? And, don't even consider trying to tell me they don't exist.
For them it's all about buying the latest and greatest and keeping up
with all their friends. They're constantly spurred onto greater debt
by advertising and the very society they live in. Do you really want
to tell me that stuff is crap???

Get your damned head out of the sand Mike. It's not the older
generation like us that have this problem, it's the younger ones who
are driving the market into interminable debt spurred on by this
instant gratification society of ours.