Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Follow-up on smart meters, why they (say they) object.

On May 21, 9:41*pm, micky wrote:
The same woman who want ed me to go to the PSC meeting, sent me a url
for an online petition (imagine how important that wil be!) which
explains their objections.

They say they have safety objections!!! *What a hoot!!!!!

We Say NO to Wireless Smart Meters in the State of Maryland!

We oppose the mandatory installation of wireless smart meters in
Maryland and claim the right to keep using our analog utility meters,
at no cost to us, and to refuse the installation of wireless smart
meters.

DESPITE WHAT SOME PEOPLE SAY, SMART METERS ARE NOT SAFE!

There is ample evidence that smart meters pose major risks to us all:
they can harm our health, invade our privacy, breach our private
security, interfere with other wireless devices, cause fires, produce
billing inaccuracies, increase prices, undermine our quality of life,
and even endanger our national security.

....snip...

I am quietly amazed when I think about the vast number of different
signals that are flying through the air these days.

Millions of:

Cell Phones
WiFi routers
GPS's
Garage Door Openers
Remote Car Starters/Remote Key Entry
Emergency Vehicle Traffic Signal Changers
Satellite TV
Digital TV
Automatic Door Openers

Oh yeah...Smart Meters

Do these folks have a petition for all of those devices too?