Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default Huge venetian blind

On 5/22/2012 3:48 PM, Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

In my little brick bungalow in a midwest US city, I've got an old
style (~1954) venetian blind measuring about 8' wide and 6' tall,
and with many years encrusted grime. Seems to be made of metal,
maybe aluminum.

I can't figure how to clean it. It's too big for the bathtub. I
can't find a space on an exterior wall with ready water supply
to clean it outside.

Couldn't you just tackle it with some 409 and a soft brush? Otherwise,
what about buying a cheap kiddie pool, filling it with soapy water,
and dropping the blind in there for a few hours? Let it soak, spread
it open on the lawn, wipe it down. Repeat if necessary.