Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Follow-up on smart meters, why they (say they) object.

On Tue, 22 May 2012 00:50:41 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 21 May 2012 23:39:24 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

If you really are concerned about excessive RF/EMI/microwave exposure,
then put a metal enclosure around the smart meter (and connect the
enclosure to ground). And turn off your wifi broad-band router while
you're at it. And cancel your cell phone service and go back to
touch-tone land-line.

The meter can IS a metal box, grounded and between the meter and your
house. I bet they can't even read it if they don't have a fairly clear
line of sight.
Some of these may even be power line carrier data transfer and not be
RF at all.

Maybe, although can't they use RF on the powerlines? As to line of
sight, I don't think they all could be. The meters on one side of the
street are on the south side of the houses and on the other side of
the street are on the north side of the houses, and in apartment
buildings they are often in the basement.