Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Virgin media, Pirates Bay and US TV shows

John Rumm wrote:
Robin wrote:
snip
Thanks for the explanation.
As for empirical evidence, adding to the hosts file in XP
"194.71.107.15 mypbay.com" leads straight o the usual VM page about
the High Court order
Using a target of just the root of the site, or a named sub page on
it?

I tried the root and an individual page ("legal" as I thought the
lawyers might want to allow access to the lawyers' missives).

e.g. what about: http://thepiratebay.se/promo

(theoretically a non infringing page on the site)

That page also hits the bloc

Not for me.

No, well its fine for me as well... its only a few of the larger ISPs
at the mo that are implementing a block.

Mind ypu its covered in adware, so I gave up as soon as it told me my
windows system was slow and probably infected.

Odd, since I have Linux...

I have AdBlock loaded in FF, so I never see ads anyway ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.