Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Do I need $6,000 water softener for 12 to 14 grains of calcium in well water?

"Arklin K." wrote in message

You make a good case AGAINST water softeners. Very good case! I
appreciate the other side of the story. Very much so!

Except if the water is so hard it causes build up in pipes. We had serious
plumbing issues and spent a lot of money replacing pipes and failed washer
hoses. And, since we've had soft water our clothing lasts longer and my skin
is not dry and itchy anymore, even in the winter! I'll never go back to hard
water. Also, we have a septic tank and no issues for the last 25 years.