Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Virgin media, Pirates Bay and US TV shows

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

The way the cleanfeed system works (from what is actually published about
it - so this may of course be completely wrong or missing vital details)
suggests that the ISP's router first compares the result of the target
URLs DNS lookup, with an IP blacklist. If it matches, it does not use that
as a reason alone to filter it then and there, but instead routes the
traffic to a web proxy for closer scrutiny.

I think virgin run all http traffic through their proxy, they did when I was
with them.