Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
micky micky is offline

Default Follow-up on smart meters, why they (say they) object.

On Mon, 21 May 2012 23:39:24 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

micky wrote:

They say they have safety objections!!! What a hoot!!!!!

We Say NO to Wireless Smart Meters in the State of Maryland!

DESPITE WHAT SOME PEOPLE SAY, SMART METERS ARE NOT SAFE!

What you posted can be found he

http://www.change.org/petitions/we-s...te-of-maryland

Those people should be making the case against smart meters based on the
stupidity of spending hundreds per house (and millions on communications
and new billing software) to *more precisely allocate* a few dozen kwh
worth of electricity use per home per month.

Someone, probably you, raised this in my previous thread. That's one
of the reasons for this thread, to show what their objections turned
out to be.

The truth is that - individual residental homes - don't comsume enough
electricity to warrant the cost for ultra-precise time-of-use metering
and billing.

Another truth is that smart meters is really all about eliminating
meter-reading. The time-of-use aspect is what is put forward
publically, and as I stated above even that argument doesn't hold water.

That is the best ammunition to use against the smart meter.

If you really are concerned about excessive RF/EMI/microwave exposure,
then put a metal enclosure around the smart meter (and connect the
enclosure to ground).

But then it won't be smart anymore. And soon the power company will
notice. And they'll send out two meter inspectors to break your
legs. And take off your enclosure. Don't put another one on it, or
we'll be back, and next time we'll be angry.

And turn off your wifi broad-band router while
you're at it. And cancel your cell phone service and go back to
touch-tone land-line.