Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Follow-up on smart meters, why they (say they) object.

micky wrote:

They say they have safety objections!!! What a hoot!!!!!

We Say NO to Wireless Smart Meters in the State of Maryland!

DESPITE WHAT SOME PEOPLE SAY, SMART METERS ARE NOT SAFE!

What you posted can be found he

http://www.change.org/petitions/we-s...te-of-maryland

Those people should be making the case against smart meters based on the
stupidity of spending hundreds per house (and millions on communications
and new billing software) to *more precisely allocate* a few dozen kwh
worth of electricity use per home per month.

The truth is that - individual residental homes - don't comsume enough
electricity to warrant the cost for ultra-precise time-of-use metering
and billing.

Another truth is that smart meters is really all about eliminating
meter-reading. The time-of-use aspect is what is put forward
publically, and as I stated above even that argument doesn't hold water.

That is the best ammunition to use against the smart meter.

If you really are concerned about excessive RF/EMI/microwave exposure,
then put a metal enclosure around the smart meter (and connect the
enclosure to ground). And turn off your wifi broad-band router while
you're at it. And cancel your cell phone service and go back to
touch-tone land-line.