Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Ice Maker problem - never seen before

On May 21, 7:22*pm, Lawrence Borne wrote:
I have the standard modular ice maker for my amana fridge. *A few
months ago the ice cubes started getting smaller and smaller and
finally it just stopped making ice all together. *I tested all the
points with a meter and all seemed fine. *Everything works except it
does not fill with water. *I checked the fill tube for blockage and
the solenoid. *Here is the kicker. *If I short test points L and V the
solenoid activates and the ice tray fills. Then it freezes and dumps
the ice. *Except again, at the 11 O'clock position, no water. *So I
figured I had a bad thermostat and went ahead and bought an entire new
ice maker. *Installed it and I have the exact same problem. *With the
new maker I can fill the tray manually by shorting L&V for 7 seconds
which fills the tray. *Any ideas? *TIA.

Been there done that. It's the solenoid-operated water valve.