Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Borne Lawrence Borne is offline

Default Ice Maker problem - never seen before

I have the standard modular ice maker for my amana fridge. A few
months ago the ice cubes started getting smaller and smaller and
finally it just stopped making ice all together. I tested all the
points with a meter and all seemed fine. Everything works except it
does not fill with water. I checked the fill tube for blockage and
the solenoid. Here is the kicker. If I short test points L and V the
solenoid activates and the ice tray fills. Then it freezes and dumps
the ice. Except again, at the 11 O'clock position, no water. So I
figured I had a bad thermostat and went ahead and bought an entire new
ice maker. Installed it and I have the exact same problem. With the
new maker I can fill the tray manually by shorting L&V for 7 seconds
which fills the tray. Any ideas? TIA.