Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default Pool Jandy valve - is there a way to repair (especiallycrowded)

UPDATE:

The pool is filling (I decided NOT to wash it this time because the
plaster was sitting dry for far too long).

Next time I'll be ready to wash it now that I know the gray is the
plaster, the pretty blue is a copper stain, and the scratchy white is
calcium grains due to lousy pool chemistry.

Maybe with better pool chemistry, I can actually get rid of the sandy
white calcium and pretty blue stain over time without having to re-drain
the pool!

Here's a shot of the pool filling up ...
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8313067.jpg

Here's one of the repaired pipes with the new Jandy valve:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8313068.jpg

And, here's a closeup of the re-routing of the pipes:
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8313072.jpg

I'm not a plumber - I just DIY with your help ... so if you have any
final advice on the repair ... let me know so I learn for the 'next' time.

I can't start it up yet (water needs to be at the level of the skimmers)
so I won't know if the screw-tight coupling will hold the pressure (50
psi?) coming out of the cleaner pump or not.