Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default google buys Motorola

On Mon, 21 May 2012 09:47:47 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Sun, 20 May 2012 23:21:29 -0500, the renowned Jon Elson
wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

Those horribly unreliable TVs with "the works in a drawer" were pretty
amusing. Talk about turning a bug into a feature.

Ahh, that was at least 40 years ago, and used vacuum tubes!

Not many, if any, I think. I think the HV rectifier and horizontal
output stages were still served by tubes fairly late, but those sets
were mostly "transistorized", I think. Cross-posted to
sci.electronics.repair- I'm sure someone remembers the whole range, if
MT here doesn't.

I'm not sure how relevant that is today.

Jon

Goes to show how bad reputation can follow you around, even after the
responsible designers and managers are long dead or retired. There's
some justification for it too, as corporate culture has momentum.

Quasar was sold to Matsu****a (which most people in the world know
from their brands such as Panasonic and National) in 1974!

And Matsu****a became Panasonic a decade or so ago.