Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default LED alarm clocks all lose accuracy over time

On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:25:54 +0000 (UTC), the renowned Cydrome Leader
wrote:

gregz wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:
Many years ago I reviewed Heath's "Most-Accurate Clock" for one of Ed Dell's
magazines. It used the Bureau of Standards' shortwave time signals. Sync was
a bit touchy (I eventually replaced the carbon calibration pots with
ceramic), but it otherwise worked very well. It even had an interface that
allowed your computer to reset its clock each time the machine restarted.

When I needed money a few years back, I sold it on eBay for something like
$400, without anyone questioning the price.

If Heath wants to come back as a kit company, it needs to design products
that have no commercial equivalents.

Heath had an fm tuner with direct frequency entry push button. I never saw
another for home use, but there may have been another or commercial use.

I think it was GE that had an alarm clock like that in the late 70s. It
was actually pretty cool. It had a little keypad on it.

I had one of those- nice. IIRC, the keys failed over time though.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany