G.E.R.R.Y.

Default anyone work for Lowe's or Home Depot?

In article , Nate B
wrote:

seems happy and well paid for what he does

Anyone who uses "retail" and "well paid" in the same sentence can't be
taken seriously. ;-)

I don't know how low minimum wage is where you are, but, up here in
Canada, I could weep for anyone dead-ended in any kind of retail job,
Home Depot or otherwise. The poor (pun intended) devils are working for
the same kind of money that I earned in my twenties, back when it was
actually a living wage /and/ /you/ /could/ /even/ /save/ /a/ /little/.
Now, a young, single person couldn't possibly live on the hourly rate
HD pays, /even/ /if/ /they/ /could/ /get/ /forty/ /hours/ /a/ /week/.

The suits who run these corporations wouldn't get out of bed for the
kind of money they pay their front-line workers. Then, those same
arseholes bitch about how impossible it is to find /and/ /keep/ good
staff. Duh!

Maybe if they paid less for never-ending training for constantly
quitting workers and used the same money for living wages...

Gerry