Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Do I need $6,000 water softener for 12 to 14 grains of calcium in well water?

Arklin K. wrote:
Get one with a Fleck valve.

I couldn't find "fleck valve" on Wikipedia - but the company has an
FAQ: http://www.fleckvalves.com/FAQ.htm

Which is better?

Totally hydraulic for regeneration or the fleck type with an electric
timer for regeneration?

Beats me. I can see a minor advantage to basing regeneration on the amount
of water actually used but have no idea as to what could go out of whack in
the metering. All in all, I like Thoreau's axiom of, "Simplify, simplify".

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...