Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT - Blue Rhino proprietary valve

On May 20, 11:32*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm not sure why they call em 20 pound tanks, if they can only be legally
filled to 16 pounds. Seems like they would make 25 pound tanks, and call
them 20. So they could sell real 20 pounds.

I've also heard they short fill the Blue Rhino tanks. In addition to the 80%
fill restriction.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Frank" wrote in message

Surely ****es me off even more.

I've oft complained about their tanks only containing 3.5 gal of propane.

I wouldn't trade tanks except old one is a rust bucket.

I complained to DE state attorney general, Beau Biden (Joe Biden Jr.)
but he's as useless as his old man.

That can be easily checked with a bathroom scale/weighing machine.
Our tanks in the UK have the full and empty weights stamped on them.