Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith[_11_] Keith[_11_] is offline

Default Trex or ???

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 May 2012 20:01:21 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
m:

My pressure treated deck is in need of stain and possibly a couple of
boards replaced. I'm thinking of putting on new boards instead.

The Trex looks OK, but are there other brands better? Other materials
better, such as mahogany or cedar?

You talking about considering all new decking? Have you priced out what it
would cost to do it with Trex and the like?

Just replacing the top decking. I need 25 boards, 16' long. Trex is
$40 each. I've not priced other stuff yet, but I will this week.

I want either maintenance free or something that just needs a quick
coat of Penofin oil every year.

My Trex deck turns 12 this year and so far it has been maintenance with a
garden hose and a broom. It is still very much like it was when new.