Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Trex or ???

On Sun, 20 May 2012 12:24:47 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My pressure treated deck is in need of stain and possibly a couple of
boards replaced. I'm thinking of putting on new boards instead.

The Trex looks OK, but are there other brands better? Other
materials
better, such as mahogany or cedar?

The boards are 16' so no cutting, just replacing board for board. I
want to keep it simple as the frame and rails are still in perfect
shape. Joists are 16" OC.

try to locate some Ipe, it's what they build docks and boardwalks with

Forgot about that. I think a local lumber yard may have it.
\Thanks.