Charlie Self

Default anyone work for Lowe's or Home Depot?

randy writes:

i wanted to get out of the high stress business of emergency computer
support and went to a future shop thinking i could get a job there no
problem. i ended up talking with the owner of the company. after spending
15 minutes talking about what i knew about electronics and computers, he
told me the one thing i will never forget.

he told me he didnt give a rats ass what i knew about computers or
electronics. he wanted to know what i knew about SELLING computers and
electronics.

expect the same at lowes or home depot.

True. But what most retail management manages (sorry about that) to overlook is
the fact that knowing about something makes selling it easier, supporting it
much easier, and finding out what the customer needs even easier. Result: more
sales and better sales support, which eventually results in even more sales. It
is the "eventually" that seems to baffle today's managers, "Ya mean, not this
week (month or month for the real long term planners)? Feggedaboutit. We can't
afford to wait."

Charlie Self
"It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore